Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Small Fish" Episode 4: "Invitation Inside"

"I am left here, once again at the end of my line, to pick up the shards of my broken heart. I am not begging of you to change your reckless habits...I have been begging you for two years and it has been two years too long. I give you my word to never be subjected to your crap ever again. You can guarantee that. I have always loved you and would have continued to love you for the rest of my life; however, you take comfort in your neighbor's rebellious antics. It is a shame, they will never love you like I love you. This is the last time you will be hearing from me. I packed my bags. I am leaving tomorrow morning. Goodbye."

Laurie figured it was best to leave the letter on the coffee table and to walk away for good. Her pain evolved to anger and then from anger manifested itself into a virus spreading through her body like wildfire. How could any woman recover from a breakup that intense? How could anyone learn to move on from the one they thought was going to be theirs forever? Laurie's heart was no longer fancy free, but became stonewalled. She locked herself up like an animal back at her old condo; caged and barred from the outside world. Her thought consumed her mind, what did Gil find so appealing in this other woman? Was her lifestyle just too morally righteous? Lacking the edge that Gil found so attractive in Tonica, she thought if anyone would love her for the woman she was. If she did find someone that she developed feelings for, would she be guided by her emotions once again or would her intuition try to tame them. This can only make me wonder, how do you know when to leave "the cage door" open in your heart? Should "the door" ever be opened at all?

2 comments:

  1. I love fallowing SMALL FISH ...It's as if you feel Lauries' situation in your heart. Love is not easy to forget or walk away from ...until replaced by a deeper, greater love. Gil won't know what he's got till it's gone ...unfortunately!

    Can't wait till the next Episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I am glad you enjoy, and keep checking back in!

    The concept of "Small Fish" is about the overwheming emotion you get when you find yourself in a pool of uncertainty and mysticism surrounding the idea of love :)

    Currently in the midst of writing a new Episode so check back maybe later on this week to see some new stuff!

    - Skye J. Lyon (author)

    ReplyDelete