Saturday, May 12, 2012

1,001 Reasons Why

"Virgo"
Nude drawn in charcoal by Skye Lyon. 2012.
Living along the brink of losing it all
abiding by nature's laws against a wall.
Feeling my body shed warmth with the arrival of fall.
Teasing my senses with every lost brawl -
pathetically escaping your hold with a baby's crawl.
Continuing on through a rigorous haul

by following your every cue...
with the ruin of my safety, even if it is the last thing I do.

You are the only man who ever came by
and gave me your heart with the death of your pride.
Running circles in my mind, it is hard to comply -
with all your demands that have now gone awry.
Griping tight to a 1,001 "goodbye's", sighs, and wondering "whys".
Yelling out a steamed battle cry
from no other place than my own mind's eye.

Following your every cue...
with the ruin of my safety, even if it is the last thing I do.

Reflecting your face along the bank of snow
as my heart collapses with you in your frosted burrow.
Babe, don't you see our future inscribed in the stars of Virgo?
There are a 1,001 reasons why I want you to know...

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment